FEATURED

The man at the healing pool

 The Man at the Healing Pool In John 5:2 of the Bible, Jesus is wandering around during a Jewish Festival.  He comes to a pool by the sheepgate where people needing healing would lay all day waiting for the water to stir. (Image: JesusWalk.com) " 5  Some time later, Jesus went up to Jerusalem for one of the Jewish festivals.   2  Now there is in Jerusalem near the Sheep Gate a pool, which in Aramaic is called Bethesda [ a ]  and which is surrounded by five covered colonnades.   3  Here a great number of disabled people used to lie—the blind, the lame, the paralyzed.   [4]  [ b ]   5  One who was there had been an invalid for thirty-eight years.   6  When Jesus saw him lying there and learned that he had been in this condition for a long time, he asked him,  “Do you want to get well?” 7  “Sir,” the invalid replied, “I have no one to help me into the pool when the water is stirred. While I am trying to get in, someone else goes down ahead of me.” I was pondering this verse, not for

"Waiting".

My unfinished, unpublished book called, WAITING.

In 2001, I wrote an unpublished book called, "Waiting". The dean of my school back then read and did an initial proof reading of it and gave me his thoughts.

He asked for a copy of it. I asked him why he wanted a copy and he said he really felt like there was something to it and wanted to be able to see where it went. I had no problem giving him one.
Even though that first draft was done, both of us knew it was unfinished.

A physically bound copy that was sent through certified un-opened mail has sat in a drawer now for Twenty-Two years for copyright purposes. A copy of it in a storage tub too. For Twenty-Two years the master files have ping-ponged across multiple computers, multiple storage formats. 3 1/2 inch floppy disc, physical hard drives, Syquest disc, Zip disk, CD, DVD.

I've spent Twenty-Two years wondering how this book could ever be genuinely finished beyond its original draft, because in 2001 I had a lot of premises, a lot of ideas about waiting on God, but i didn't have any evidence. I could point to bible illustrations, but no substantial life experiences.
So it's always bothered me that this book even exists at all.

During 2023, I began blogging about unrelated things. Usually in the early mornings overnight. I'd wake up, write them into a Facebook post to get the thoughts down, and then transfer them a few hours later to the blog where I would continue working on them and writing more details. I left important details off Facebook. Facebook it the last place you want to pour out your heart or expose yourself. If you're going to trust Facebook, you might as well just take off your clothes and run naked down the street, because that's how safe and confidential Facebook it.

Today, is the first time in Twenty-Two years that I've thought, maybe that book actually may become what it's supposed to be. What I saw back then.